Who is eligible for the COVID Booster in CT? Government “Can’t Understand” – NBC New York

Anyone who received a COVID-19 vaccine more than six months ago should not consider themselves fully vaccinated, Governor Ned Lamont said Thursday as he urged Connecticut residents to get vaccinated.

Lamont spoke to the state health commissioner and other health officials in Vernon, where he said he would not wait for the official word from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention before saying all adults to get the booster shot and urge providers to make them available.

“CDC speaks Latin,” Lamont said. “I can’t figure out who is eligible, who is not.”

The governor said the state is working to ensure that the most vulnerable, including those in nursing homes, have access to shooting.

“If you were vaccinated more than six months ago, now is the time to get this booster,” he said. “Get it before Thanksgiving, before Christmas, before all these holidays.

He noted that his advice comes as Connecticut and surrounding states see rising infection rates. The seven-day moving average of daily new cases in Connecticut has increased over the past two weeks, from 357 new cases per day on Nov. 2 to 651 cases per day on Nov. 16, according to Johns Hopkins University.

The daily moving average of cases has also increased in New York. New York Gov. Kathy Hochul issued a stern warning over the numbers on Tuesday, warning that a stricter protocol could happen if the trend doesn’t reverse, and urged people to get reminders.

The federal government has yet to clear COVID-19 booster shots for all American adults, although an official decision could be made in a few days.

New York City edged out the federal government earlier this week in making all adults in the five boroughs eligible for the recall immediately. The health commissioner has told providers not to deny a recall to any adult who wants one, citing the density of New York City, the unique epicenter of the pandemic, and the upcoming holidays as key exposure risk factors . The risk of exposure is a component of eligibility.

New York City’s top doctor said on Monday that all New Yorkers aged 18 and over can get a COVID booster if they choose – and he issued a commissioner’s notice reminding suppliers not to not deny anyone who wants this extra protection. Ida Siegal of NBC New York reports.


Source link

Comments are closed.